Friday, March 9, 2012

I have a mac mini with leapord and windows xp, using boot camp. The mac side has over 50gb and only 20.5gb on windows. How do i make it so that the windows side has more memory than the mac side?How do i transfer memory from the apple side of my mac mini to the windows side?The partitions are already set up and have OS's on them so I don't think you willl be able to change the partitions now. You would have to format and re partition the HDD and reinstall the OS's. If you do that I would get a bgigger HDD or either add another HDD.

There is a program called Acronis True Image that MAY let you change partition size but i'm not sure.
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/pro…

Good luck|||If you're running OSX 10.6 you should be able to use Disk Utility (in Applications>Utilities) to live-partition the drive, but if you're using BootCamp to dual boot it depends whether the Windows side will be able to deal with this... there's the possibility that you might damage the Windows install.

Alternatively you could run Windows in a Virtual Machine (Parallels or VMWare) which would automatically handle drive allocation on the fly for your Windows install.How do i transfer memory from the apple side of my mac mini to the windows side?Before Beginning, make sure you have a full backup. Messing with partitions is an easy way to destroy your data beyond easy recovery.

You will need to backup your entire hard disk and repartition it to allocate more storage to the Windows partition. I'd recommend a replacement hard drive to make sure you get LOTs of extra room. If I recall correctly, Mac Minis use laptop style 2.5" hard drives which are readily available for purchase.

@An American - Acronis is a nice product, but it doesn't do macs. The home version is Windows only, and won't be able to deal with the file system used by the Mac OS. I'm sure there's an equivalent product on the Mac side, but I'm not familiar enough with them to recommend one.|||Memory is the System's Ram Or Random access memory of witch software runs. Hard drives or Hard Discs are for Storing data. You meant to say ( How do I Transfer data from my Mac Hard drive to my windows Hard drive. Well One simple way is to Burn the data from one to another. As you so rightly put One Drive is bigger then another. That I cannot help you with.How do i transfer memory from the apple side of my mac mini to the windows side?Through the program directly Alverashwal

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment