Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I just had my little girl two weeks ago and I am going to be taking the mini pill for birth control because I am breastfeeding.
How well does it actually work I am so scared to have sex ever!! Because I am afraid that I might get pregnant again while taking it Lol :)
Has anyone ever gotten pregnant while taking it
experiences would be awesome!!
Thanks in advance!!How well does the mini pill work ( any experiences) ?I used it for 11 months and no problems-I did not even gte my period until I weaned and changed to a regular estrogen/progesterone mix. I think the only caveat with mini pill is try to take it around the same time each day-I usually took mine between 8 and 11 and that is good enough. Also, if you miss a "regular" BCP, you do not need back up, but you do with the minipill, so just keeps some condoms or something around. Good Luck!How well does the mini pill work ( any experiences) ?I, too, am breastfeeding so I take the mini pill and have been for 6 months. You should take it at the exact same time every day, b/c even one or two hours late can increase risk of pregnancy. There is only one of the 2 hormones in it that are in the regular pill, and it wears off after 24 hours. So if you usually have sex at night, take it in the morning! P.S. I love the name Noelle!How well does the mini pill work ( any experiences) ?I asked my midwife about the mini-pill after having my baby...she said it's only about 60% effective when you're breastfeeding.|||I have not tried the minipill, but there are other progesterone-only BC methods you can take while breastfeeding that are nowhere near as strict as the minipill. I opted to stay away from it because I'd surely end up pregnant knowing I'd never take it on time and often forget.

I currently have Implanon which is a 3yr little stick that is implanted just under the skin of the underside of my upper arm. You can even consider Mirena, or the hormone-free Paragard. Insurance typically covers them and usually all you have to pay is your deductible, which I had met after having my daughter so it was free.

Good luck, but the failure rate is very low IF you take it consistently and correctly!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment