Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I need an appetizer that uses mini phyllo cups... I was thinking something like curry chicken salad but already have chicken as one of the main courses. I would really like some type of a vegetable or cheese filling preferable without any meat (I guess I could use seafood but already have shrimp cocktail)and something that I do not have to serve warm. Please give me any suggestions... Also I am making this myself so I would like it to be something simple and not too expensive because it is for 50-65 people.

Criteria:
Economic
Simple but elegant
Great tasting
Serve cold or room temp
No meatRecipes for filling in mini phyllo cups? Need an appetizer served room temp or cold?These are yummy, economical and pretty easy.
Tomato Canapes
3/4 cup finely diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons finely diced onions
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
1 package mini phyllo shells
1/2 cup packed shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
4 tablespoons real bacon pieces, or more as needed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the diced tomatoes in a colander. Sprinkle with the onions, basil, salt, pepper and garlic powder, and toss to coat. Allow to drain, stirring occasionally. Fill each phyllo shell with a scant tablespoon of the tomato mixture. Stir together the mozzarella and mayonnaise. Frost the top of each shell with a scant tablespoon of the mozzarella mixture. Sprinkle each shell with 1/4 teaspoon of bacon pieces. Bake the filled shells for 10 to 12 minutes. These may be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until serving time.Recipes for filling in mini phyllo cups? Need an appetizer served room temp or cold?spinach

火车采集器
  • mediterranean diet
  • channel 5 weather
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment