Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Dell mini has 1 Gig of memory and seems kind of slow, especially when I have several windows open at the same time. If I get 2 gigs will it increase the speed and enable me to use multiple windows?How much better are 2 gigs than 1 gig of memory for my Dell Mini computer?odds are you have windows vista, in which the min requirments are 1GB, so at any one time most of your ram is being used by the OS, adding another 1GB will have a huge improvement to your pc's performance. i went from 1.5GB to 2GB on my laptop running XP and could see a noticable differenceHow much better are 2 gigs than 1 gig of memory for my Dell Mini computer?That depends on your operating system.

Windows XP or older...you won't see a significant difference by putting in more RAM.

Windows Vista...If you upgrade to 2GB total, that probably will make a noticeable improvement in performance.

I'm assuming that 'mini' is a netbook. These typically have slow CPUs. That's probably the main reason that it is sluggish with several windows open.

1GB of RAM is actually quite a bit of RAM, even by today's standards. But with some desktops shipping with 6GB or more of RAM, it's easy to assume that a system with only 1GB of RAM must be starved for RAM.

Again, I think it is the slow CPU that is the main bottleneck. Nothing you can really do about that.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment