Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How do I get over my fear of driving our mini van?How do I get over my fear of driving our mini van?You have to take "baby steps" First go out and sit in it for awhile and become familiar with how it feels, where all the instruments are, make the seat comfortable to you. Really spend some time in there until you are comfortable, listen to the radio.

Next time do the same thing only this time start it up.

The next time drive the van about a 1/2 block, rest and return home.

Every day without fail go out and drive it a little bit more. Finally push yourself to go a bit farther out of your comfort zone.

What this does is desensitize you to the van. You do have to work at it but, in time you will be able to do this.

It's what I had to do to be able to drive again, I learned this from my therapist.

Good Luck.How do I get over my fear of driving our mini van?Hi,

You rehearse the drive in your mind when you are safe and quiet in a relaxed state.. Select your route, see yourself driving calmly and confidently. Don't go too far, just far enough to feel that you have succeeded and then enjoy your success!

Then you do it in reality and your outcome will be the same as you rehearsed it.

Face your fear head on and death of fear is certain!

Kind regards,

Jon

火车采集器
  • fondue
  • auto parts stores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment