Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm using a boxed cake mix to bake mini cupcakes for my daughter's birthday this afternoon. She really wants 'baby' cupcakes instead of 'big' ones. How do I alter the time or temperature to bake?What is the time/temp difference when using a mini muffin tin?I'd say same heat, less time. You didn't say what the recommended baking time was for the original recipe, but I'd be willing to bet that the mini versions will take just a bit over half of the time.

That being said, here's a general guideline based on the recipes in one of my cookbooks. Mini cupcakes usually bake in about 15 minutes. I'd keep a close watch on them after 12 minutes -- if they look well-risen and are starting to brown at the edges, test them for doneness i.e. the tops should spring back when touched. If in doubt, give them another minute or two and then test again. Hope this is helpful. :)

p.s. Happy Birthday to your daughter -- I hope she has a lovely day! :D

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment