Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My friend is 54 and she is very thin so she has stick legs naturally she wears black tights with mini skirts and square toe boots. She says thin people can wear anything and get away with it but fat people can't.How do I tell my friend she's too old to wear mini skirts?this is not meant to be mean but this is none of ur business. people can laugh at her, but changing her clothes is changing her personality and everyone knows that no one has the right to change someones personality|||One of the only things you can do is attempt to be positive. Praise her and others for what you would LIKE to see her wear, without focusing on her mistakes or being negative about others. I promise, this works. Nobody likes to feel bad or embarrassed, and it just makes people defensive if you approach it a way that's not positive.

What do I mean? For instance, if she does wear a longer skirt, heap on the complements. "I love this skirt! Where did you get it? It's so elegant and refined - so many women wear trashy teenager clothes but you just always have graceful style." When you open up a magazine and see any celebrity of a certain age - or a mutual friend, or a stranger that you glimpse while you're out - wearing something the right length, point it out. "That so-and-so, you know, she is just pure grace. I love how she dresses so appropriately for her age! You know, in my opinion, men actually respond more to women dressed with class than to women showing a lot of leg..." and so forth.

It won't cause her to go home and burn her miniskirts all of a sudden, but I bet that little by little, she will start to wear them less and replace them with more tasteful clothes.How do I tell my friend she's too old to wear mini skirts?There is no such thing as being able to wear ANYTHING hahaha. Some clothes just aren't good for people to wear, no matter if they're thin or fat.

54! That is just inappropriate for her to be wearing mini skirts. I guess it's good that she wears tights with them, but still.

Mabye after she has had a few glasses of wine, you can start talking about fashion and her ideas about other women's outfits (people that you know) and can bring up your opinion by saying something like "Just my opinion, but I really don't think older women like us should be wearing mini skirts. It's just immature and inappropriate."|||Well she's forgetting you can't get away with it when you're old and wrinkley either..How do I tell my friend she's too old to wear mini skirts?Say: "I think that you might be getting too old to wear mini skirts."

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment