Saturday, February 11, 2012

I just ordered a Kitchen Aid mini food processor. For those of you that already have one, what do you use it for?What do you use your mini food processor for?I have one, I think mine is Black and Decker. It is good for small or annoying jobs. I have since gotten a blender with a food processor attachment. I don't love it but it is bigger. SO I don't always use the mini anymore. Most times, honestly, I just use my chef knife and do things by hand. It helps me get my skills up, and I find it pretty easy to do instead of dragging out a machine.

I still use the mini for single batch of hummus with a single can of garbanzos, and black bean dip with a single can of beans. I also have used it for onions and jalapenos when I don't want to chop them myself, for pico de gallo and other dishes because I want them to be done as hands free as possible. You can do a surprising amount of herbs, pesto, salad dressing, garlic, as all these kind of mash down to nothing from a big heap. Just pack it all in there and let it go.

Mine also has a feed tube where the stuff goes over a blade at the top and then collects in the bowl below. I haven't used that, this is mostly the type stuff I do by hand.

I bet it would be ideal for homemade baby food! Just the perfect size.What do you use your mini food processor for?my fiance can't chew very well because of jaw problems, so i use it to cut the hard to chew vegetables really fine for almost all meals i cook...and its good for making fruit purees.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment